District 12: Brookline, Greenville, Hollis, Mason, New Ipswich, Rindge, and Wards 1, 2, and 5 in the City of Nashua
- Advisory Board, NH Endowment for Health
- Board member, Hollis-Brookline Co-op
Prior Community Involvement:
- 3-term NH State Representative (2006, 2008, 2012)
- In the House, Rep. Levesque served on both the House Election Law and the Science Technology and Energy committees, where she earned a reputation for working across political lines in order to enact legislation that improved the lives of the families she represented. Melanie sponsored and passed the bill to create the statewide emergency-notification system in place today.
- Secretary, Nashua Ethics Awareness Committee
- Trustee, Nashua Boys & Girls Club
- Trustee, NH Community College
Melanie Levesque is a Nashua native who currently lives in Brookline with her husband Scott.
- MBA - Southern NH University
- AA from NH Vocational-Technical College
- BS - Daniel Webster College
- President of TCS of America Enterprises - a communications consulting company
Why I ran:
Melanie’s priorities include providing the best-quality education for all New Hampshire students, decreasing the cost of college, strengthening New Hampshire’s economy by expanding our economic infrastructure and improving treatment options for those suffering from addiction, while giving law enforcement and first responders the tools they need to fight the opioid crisis. Like New Hampshire families, Melanie believes state government should live within its means. Melanie is committed to delivering needed services without breaking the bank.
1st term - District 13
Accomplishments (2017 Session):
- Cindy is a 7-term State Representative through 2018 and Deputy Democratic Leader
- Member of Finance Committee
- Co-sponsor of paid family leave insurance bill
- Worked successfully to increase childcare assistance funding in budget
- Co-sponsor of bill to fund clean water projects in Nashua and other towns
- Co-sponsor of bill that brought more drug interdiction money to Nashua to prosecute drug dealers
Accomplishments (2015/2016 Session):
- Cindy was a member of both the Finance and Rules Committees. On Finance, she served on Division 3, which is all health and human service funding. Last term, she was Vice Chair of Finance and Chair of Division 3.
- This year, Cindy served on the Joint Task Force on the Heroin and Opioid Epidemic. She sponsored HB 1423, which requires health care licensing boards to set comprehensive rules for prescribing opioids for treatment of pain. Governor Hassan signed the bill into law in June. Cindy also co-sponsored SB 533, which increased funding for drug treatment services and supportive sober housing.
Career / Background:
- Retired – Advertising & Marketing, University Instructor
- Nashua resident for 30+ years
Other Democratic leaders representing the Nashua area in Concord:
Executive Councilor - District 5 - Deb Pignatelli