1st term - District 13
Accomplishments (2017 Session):
- Cindy is a 7-term State Representative through 2018 and Deputy Democratic Leader
- Member of Finance Committee
- Co-sponsor of paid family leave insurance bill
- Worked successfully to increase childcare assistance funding in budget
- Co-sponsor of bill to fund clean water projects in Nashua and other towns
- Co-sponsor of bill that brought more drug interdiction money to Nashua to prosecute drug dealers
Accomplishments (2015/2016 Session):
- Cindy was a member of both the Finance and Rules Committees. On Finance, she served on Division 3, which is all health and human service funding. Last term, she was Vice Chair of Finance and Chair of Division 3.
- This year, Cindy served on the Joint Task Force on the Heroin and Opioid Epidemic. She sponsored HB 1423, which requires health care licensing boards to set comprehensive rules for prescribing opioids for treatment of pain. Governor Hassan signed the bill into law in June. Cindy also co-sponsored SB 533, which increased funding for drug treatment services and supportive sober housing.
Career / Background:
- Retired – Advertising & Marketing, University Instructor
- Nashua resident for 30+ years